Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, Ishaq Oloyede on Friday said the agency will ensure candidates are not mistreated by their preferred universities.
He also listed eight conditions that tertiary institutions must follow when admitting students.
Mr. Oloyede spoke at Baze University, Jabi, Abuja at the first Extraordinary Technical Committee meeting on 2016 Admissions to First Choice Institutions.
He said the only difference in this year’s admission process is the policy that there should be no written post-UTME test.
Mr. Oloyede insisted that as a referee, his agency would not allow arbitrariness by institutions in the admission process.
“JAMB will resist such arbitrariness and illegal introduction of extraneous factors which were not contained in the published advertisement made available to the candidates.
“We should be able to explain to every Nigerian child who had applied for admission, why s/he was not admitted into his/her institution of choice,” he said.
According to him, the right of Senate or Academic Board of each institution on admissions of candidates is subject to the following conditions:
1. Guidelines stipulated by proprietors of the institutions
2. 60:40 (Science/Art) ratio for conventional universities
3. 80:20 (Science/Art) ratio for non-conventional universities
4. 70:30 (Technology/Non-technology) ratio for National Diploma Awarding Institutions
5. Use of 2016 JAMB, UTME results’ print-out for all candidates
6. Adherence to published subject combinations of various courses as specified by the Senate/Academic Board and included in the 2016 JAMB brochure
7. Adherence to the 2016 Admissions quota as prescribed by the Regulatory Bodies (NUC, NBTE, NCCE)
8. (For Federal universities) The quota stipulated by the Federal Executive Council concerning Merit, Catchment and Educationally less developed states, should be complied with.
Mr. Oloyede stated that the deadline for approved institutions’ admission panels was still November 30, 2016.
He also said the second Technical Committee Meeting would take place at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, Imo state on November 14, 2016.
Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com tengag.com moviekillers.com