This season has been a disastrous one for the Blues and their fans would want to see the back of it as quickly as possible.
Chelsea are currently 3 points closer to the relegation danger zone ahead of the International break but despite a horrendous season so far, Mourinho’s men can still secure a Champions League ticket for next season. Below are some reasons why it is possible:
1) Mourinho’s Experience– For a manager with a very rich CV across big clubs in Europe, it is too early to write off the Special One especially at such an early stage of the season.
2) Chelsea Squad Quality– If Mourinho can get the best out of his team; expect them to come out flying again. Cesc Fabregas, Eden Hazard and Diego Costa are key players that have struggled to perform and Mourinho would be hoping to get the best out of them as soon as possible.
3) January Transfer– The League title isn’t won in November likewise top four position is not guaranteed in barely a month before Christmas. If the Chelsea key men fail to perform as required, expect owner Roman Abramovich, with his deep pocket, to splash the cash on players that would.
4) Fourth Spot candidates– The Premier League title race this season looks to be between Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United. That, ostensibly, leaves the Premier League’s fourth position vacant to teams like Liverpool, Tottenham and Leicester City.
No disrespect to Leicester. They have had a tremendous season but it is hard to see them keep up their strong form throughout the campaign.
The Liverpool players are still adapting to Jurgen Klopp’s philosophy and it was evident with the home loss at Crystal Palace last week.
Tottenham have a relatively young and vibrant squad and are a genuine fourth spot contender. However, Chelsea have a better team than Spurs and are likely to edge out the North London outfit for the final Champions League spot.
5) Uefa Champions League– According to UEFA RULES, the team than wins the Uefa Champions League is automatically guaranteed a spot in the competition for the next season.
Chelsea are presented with a lifeline if the going gets tough in the Premier League. They achieved a similar feat in 2012 when they beat Bayern Munich on penalties in the Champions League final despite being miles off the top four range on the League table.
Will Chelsea Play Champions League Football Next Season?
Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com tengag.com moviekillers.com