Pears are one of the world’s favorite fruits and have been so for thousands of years. There are some facts about the fruit that you may not have known. 360BaZE put together in this piece 9 interesting facts about pears .
– Pears are often recommended for weaning babies because they are low in acid and aren’t too harsh on a baby’s digestive system.
– Pear wood is used to make furniture, musical instruments, and wood carvings. It is also used to make wooden kitchen utensils because it doesn’t impart any color or odor to the food and because it is tough enough to withstand repeated trips through the dishwasher without splintering or warping. Architect’s rulers are made from pear wood because it doesn’t warp.
– Pears were used as a natural remedy against nausea in ancient Greece
– Towns with an abundance of pear trees often included the word Perry in the name of the town.
– The word pyriform means “pear-shaped.”
– They were given the nickname “butter fruit” in the 1700s because of their soft, buttery texture.
– Before tobacco was introduced in Europe, pear leaves were smoked.
– In Chinese, fen li means both “to share a pear” and “to separate.” Therefore, it is considered bad luck in China to share a pear because it may lead to separation of friends or lovers.
– The Chinese considered the pear, which they call “li,” to be a symbol of immortality. The destruction of a pear tree symbolized tragic or untimely death.
Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com tengag.com moviekillers.com