Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday appointed Abike Dabiri-Erewa, as his Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora.
Here are 8 things to know about her:
- Her full name is Abike Kafayat Oluwatoyin Dabiri-Erewa
- She was born in Jos, Plateau state but is from Lagos state. She was born to the family of Alhaji and Alhaja Ashafa Erogbogbo of Ikorodu.
- She attended Maryland Private School, Maryland, Ikeja for her primary school education, and St. Teresa’s College, Ibadan for her secondary education. She obtained her BSc. in English Language from Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Ile – Ife. She obtained a post graduate diploma (PGD) in mass communication and also a master’s degree in mass communication from the University of Lagos, Akoka.
- She is married to Segun Erewa.
- She worked for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for fifteen years, anchoring the weekly NTA Newsline programme and taking a particular interest in poverty and social justice issues.
- She was the former Chairman, House Committee on Diaspora at the 7th House of Representatives
- She stood against the third term bid of former President Olusegun Obasanjo
- She spons