There is nothing as satisfying as doing something you have a deep passion for and that passion is generating income for you. Great names like Bill Gates of Microsoft, Aliko Dangote, Ayo Animashaun of Hip-Hop world and Hip TV, etc. did not become successful just like that, they all developed their talents, gifts and passions to become what they are today. The simple truth is they are all ordinary human beings like you and I. They are doing what they love and have turned it to a source of income and so can you.
Here are 7 steps that can get you started on generating income by doing something you love.
1. What do you have in your hand? You need to think of what you love doing, what makes you happy, what you can do all day without it being a stress. According to Dictionary.com, talent is a “natural ability or aptitude” while potential is a “latent excellence or ability that may or may not be developed.” We notice the keyword here namely ABILITY, which may or may not be developed. The development aspect my friends depends on us i.e. the choice is ours.
2. Believe in yourself and your potential: Yes I can!!!! The mind is such a powerful weapon. Battles are first won or lost in the mind. “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will finds ways to do it. Believing a solution paves way to the solution.” David J Schwartz, The magic of thinking big.
Yes doubts will come especially when things don’t go according to plan, but believe that it can be done. Like I usually say, ‘Once you see it, you can achieve it, desire to be great!’
3. Be bold, be strong, be courageous: When starting something new, leaving your comfort zone, you should know that there will always be criticism, negative and positive. Adversity and problems will arise and sometimes this forms of discouragement will come from dear ones like family members and close friends. “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always somebody to tell you you’re wrong.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
“Adversity is always the partner of progress. Anytime you want to move forward, obstacles, difficulties, problems and predicaments are going to get in the way” John C Maxwell. So my friends be prepared and stand firm in what you believe.
4. Have a mentor: There is nothing new under the sun. Whatever you want to do in this life, someone has done it before successfully. Athletes have the potential to run, but they always need coaches to develop their ability. The great Usain Bolt has a coach that trained him to be what he is today.
“Mentoring is a B.rain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction “John C Crosby. Choose your mentor wisely, just like some supervisors, not all people in your line of potential are ready to develop others for reasons best known to them.
5. Be willing to learn: You may have a good mentor, but are you a good protégé? Are you teachable? Are you willing to learn? There’s a saying in the Bible, “Pride goes before a fall.” Nobody knows it all. The fact that you have talent does not make you the best. Learning is an everyday experience, we learn something new every day. In fact, I have learnt from little children also.
Be open and hungry for knowledge. “A winner knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others. A loser wants to be considered an expert by others before he has learned enough to show how little he knows” Sydney J Harris. Have a teachable spirit.
6. Take little steps: Rome was not built in a day. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Don’t expect that because you have what it takes, your financial status will change immediately. Going step by step gives you the ability to be accountable. If anything goes wrong you will be quick to retrace your steps.
In my quest to be financially independent, I’ve made some mistakes too. I invested heavily in a venture without doing much research or seeking enough advice. Yes, I had a mentor, but he was only after his own gain. The more money I invested the better for him. Of course the business failed woefully and I became so bitter and angry with myself, but like I usually say, you have a work C.V. and a life experience C.V.
I simply added it to my life C.V. and moved on. But it was not easy, so much time and money was lost. Hence, my candid advise of people starting small so you won’t make the same mistake I made.
7. Put God in your plans: This, to me is the most important of all. Without Gods blessings, we cannot achieve anything. In fact potentials that you never knew you had can be revealed to you just by praying to Him for guidance. Give it a try, and you will be glad you did.
Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com tengag.com moviekillers.com